Friday, December 21, 2012

STRING ART

 DIY projects are always so much fun, so I thought I would share one of mine with you all. This is a String Art piece that I made a couple months ago, but I fell in love with it. I'm not going to do an explanation  rather I'll link you to the version that inspired me. Click right here for their tutorial

Here are a few shots from mine:


I hope you give it a try and don't get frustrated it does take a long time! And in case you're wondering, instead of using the rolls of cork like the tutorial that I linked you to, I went to Michaels and just bought a regular cork board! It was so much simpler, plus I found the exact size that I wanted. One more note, painting the board will take a lot of coats, since it's cork it'll just keep absorbing it... Don't worry when that happens, do a coat then let it dry and repeat until you get complete coverage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment